Historic Monuments in the United States
The historical heritage in the United States is extremely dense. This can be explained by the rich history but also by the vast size of the country. If you are interested, you will have to stay in this territory for a long time. Listing all the monuments would take too much time, but we will still guide you to the most famous ones that deserve to be photographed during your student trip to the United States.
We would like to point out that you will find more information on the monuments that are located in each state by clicking on our relaxation theme of the state of your choice. Here are some of the sites we have selected for your student trip to the United States :
- The Statue of Liberty: The most famous statue in the United States is located in New York City on Liberty Land Island in southern Manhattan. It was built in France and offered by the French people to the American people. It has been on the UNESCO world heritage list since 1984. But how many of you know how many small tiles there are on the crown? There are 25.
- Golden Gate Bridge : Again, everyone has already seen a picture of this famous bridge in San Francisco, California. It connects the San Francisco Bay Area with the Pacific Ocean. It was built from 1933 to 1937. Until 1964, it was the longest bridge in the world. It is good to know that according to a ranking of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Golden Gate of San Francisco is one of the seven wonders of the modern world.
- Freedom Tower : located in Miami, Florida, this freedom tower commemorates the immigration of Cubans to the United States. On September 10, 1979, the monument was added to the US National Register of Historic Places.
- The White House is the official residence of the President of the United States. It is located in Washington. This Georgian-style building was built in 1792 and 1800.
- Grounds For Sculpture : located in New Jersey, is a 42-hectare park exhibiting contemporary sculptures of all kinds..
- Freedom Trail : It is a red line of about 4 kilometers that allows tourists to follow a circuit to discover the main monuments of the city of Boston, Massachusetts. The theme is on the American Revolution.
- Grand Canyon : canyon of the United States located in northwestern Arizona. Inscribed on the World Heritage List by UNESCO in 1979, it welcomes five and a half million visitors each year..
- Lincoln Home National Historic Site : the place of memory where Abraham Lincoln lived between 1844 and 1861 before becoming the 16th president of the United States. This memorial is located in the town of Springfield...
- Mount Rushmore: also famous, it is a monument located near the town of Rapide City in South Dakota. These are sculptures representing four of the most important presidents in U.S. history: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
Museums in the United States
Again, the list is long. You can find more and more information on the museums of each state by visiting our "Relaxation" theme of the state of your choice.
But here are a few places that we have selected for your student trip to the United States:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art : located in New York City, it's one of the largest art museums in the world. It was opened in 1872 and is located in the chic Manhattan district. You will discover works of medieval art as well as reconstructions of European cloisters. There are 2 million works of art from all over the world.
- California Academy of Sciences : it's one of the largest natural history museums in the world and one of the oldest in the United States. It's located in San Francisco near Golden Gate Park. The academy has supported numerous research programs since 1853.
- Salvador Dali Museum : Located within the University of South Florida in Saint Petersburg (Florida), it is a museum dedicated to the famous painter Salvador Dali. It is the largest collection in the world of the Spanish painter. It was inaugurated in 1982.
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum : located in Washington and opened in 1993 it is one of the 22 museums in memory of the shoah (catastrophe). There are 15,000 visitors a year.
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum Located in Boston, Massachusetts, it preserves the official documents of the famous former president of the United States of America, John Kennedy. It was inaugurated in 1979.
- Musical Instrument Museum : located in Phoenix, Arizona, this museum dedicated to musical instruments was inaugurated in 2010. It is the largest musical instrument museum in the world. It features 15,000 musical instruments of all kinds from all over the world.
- North Carolina Maritime Museums : it's the Maritime Museum of North Carolina. It exhibits works of North Carolina's maritime history.
And for the most unusual:
- The Berlin Wall in Manhattan: yes yes you got it right, 5 pieces of the Berlin Wall are located in New York in the famous Manhattan district. These are pieces that were auctioned after the fall of the wall on November 9, 1989.
- Tabasco Museum – Avery Island It's the museum of the famous spicy sauce, Tabasco. It is located in Louisiana. That's where this sauce was created. The museum also offers tastings for the bravest among you.
- International Banana Museum : located in California, this museum is dedicated to bananas. You will discover all kinds of objects in the form of this ingredient. This can be the subject of souvenirs to bring back when you visit the museum shop.
- Trash Museum – Hartford : found in Connecticut. It's an entire museum dedicated to garbage. It is built with recycled waste. Many games more fun than the others will be proposed to you.
Events in the United States
The United States has no shortage of artistic, cultural, sporting, musical and other events. Enough to fuel your student stay. Therefore, we offer you a small selection of what awaits you during your student trip, in order to discover this fascinating country at its best.
If you prefer activities, you can book your ticket via Tiqet to Explore Oahu at your own pace with a pass valid for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 days, to be used for a period of 2 weeks after activation.
New Year: January 1st
Super Bowl: national league football final: February 5
Easter: changing date
Cinco de Mayo (commemoration of the Battle of Mexico): May 5
Memorial day : May 29
Independence Day: 4 July
Labour day : changing date
Colombus day (Christophe Colombe's day): October 9
Day of the Dead: November 2
Christmas: December 25
Là encore, ce sont des événements célébrés sur l’ensemble du pays. Mais sachez qu’il y en a plein d’autres suivant les Etats. Reportez-vous donc vers notre thématique "Détente" pour l’Etat de votre choix afin d’avoir de plus amples informations.
National parks and natural sites in the United States
You won't be disappointed! The United States is home to a rich variety of wildlife that you will have the opportunity to discover in the national parks during your student trip. The landscapes are diverse, making this country a unique destination!
Below are some of the magnificent natural parks that adorn the United States. It is good to know that the USA has 59 national parks. Here we will mention the most outstanding ones:
- The Everglades: this is probably one of the most famous national parks in the United States. It is located in Miami, Florida. It protects the largest subtropical natural environment of the country and 25% of the swamps of the region. It is registered on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1979 and welcomes 1 million visitors per year.
- Petrified Forest National Park: located in Arizona, it has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 2008. You will discover thousands of fossilized trunks of the Petrified Forest dating back to the Triassic period (about 200 million years before Christ), it promises to be an unforgettable adventure!
- The Mid-Atlantic: this park covers an area of 280 km2 from New Jersey to Pennsylvania. You will discover waterfalls, rural landscapes and the historic Millbrook Village. And for those who love outdoor activities: canoeing, hiking, camping, picnicking, biking, cross-country skiing, horseback riding, hunting and fishing. There are also several First Nations archaeological sites and some structures from the Dutch settlement during the colonial period.
- Congaree Located in South Carolina, this park contains the largest floodplain forest in North America. It has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1983.
- Crater Lake located in the Mount Mazama Caldera, this crater was formed 7700 years ago after a volcanic eruption. Today it is the deepest lake in the United States. It is famous for the extraordinary clarity of its water.
- Isle Royale: located in Michigan, it is an island inaccessible by road. It is a very little visited park that is isolated and wild. There are many shipwrecked boats, waterways and trails. The park has been classified as a biosphere reserve by UNESCO since 1980. This is a totaly eco-friendly experience!
Amusement parks and zoos United States
The people of the United States created the very first amusement parks in the world! So you might as well know that you won't have any trouble finding them on your student trip. Here again the list is long and you will find more information on our "Relaxation" theme in your chosen state.
Here are some of the amusement parks to discover during your student trip to the United States:
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure : located in Florida, in Orlando, we can find famous characters from the great movies known all over the world: the booted cat, Harry Potter, Popeye, Spider-man etc..
- Discovery Cove : also located in Orlando, this magnificent theme park will offer you the opportunity to swim with dolphins..
- Universal Studios : it's probably one of the best known amusement parks in the United States. It's located in Hollywood in Los Angeles. The park is divided into three parts with attractions for all tastes.!
- Disneyland Park : this one's not in Paris but in Anaheim, California. This theme park was inaugurated in 1955. It is called: "the happiest place in the world". So go and conquer Disney...!
- Busch Gardens : located in Tampa, Florida, it is both an amusement park and a wildlife park on the theme of the African continent.
- Dollywood : Dollywood is an amusement park located in Pigeon Forge in Tennessee, USA. It belongs to the famous country singer, Dolly Parton.
- Silver Dollar City : located on Route 76 in Missouri, it opened in 1960. It has 6 thematic areas.
- Yellowstone National Park: located in northeastern Wyoming, it was established in 1872. It is the oldest national park in the world! Its surface area is as large as Corsica. It contains 2/3 of the world's geysers. Inscribed on the list of biosphere reserves since 1976, it receives 3 million visitors every year.
But you can't leave the United States without discovering its zoos and animal parks!
- Bronx Zoo : It's in New York City. It is the largest urban zoo in the United States. It was built in 1899. There are 6,000 animals.
- San Diego Zoo and Wild Park Animal: built in 1916 it is one of the most beautiful in the world with 4000 species of animals. Its action allowed the preservation of the endangered California condor.
- The MiamiMetro Zoo: it is one of the oldest zoos in Florida. 2000 wild animals roam free on 300 hectares. It also plays a major role in the protection of rare species of endangered animals such as the white tiger.
- The Santa Barbara Zoo : 180 species are represented there. The recreated environment is incredible.
- The Brookfield Zoo : That's the Chicago Zoo. It houses 450 different species of animals.
Here are some must-see U.S. cities to party in during your trip:
- Las Vegas (Nevada) : you can party until the end of the night in the many discotheques of the city! All this without forgetting the casinos (we recall that the first casino in the world was built in Las Vegas). It is today a destination impossible to circumvent for the players.
- Austin (Texas) : it is renowned for its internationally famous music scene. Country music will be there so don't forget your boots.!
- Los Angeles (Californie) : it's the entertainment capital of the world par excellence! Don't miss Los Angeles Happy Hours!
- New-York : specifically Times Square, where all the ingredients meet for an uneven nightlife.
- Miami (Floride) Stroll at night near Miami Beach or in the city's discos. Again, you can party as long as you like!
And many other cities that will not fail to amaze you with their exceptional atmosphere and lively nightlife, including San Francisco, Memphis, Seattle, Phoenix and Portland, among others..
Some bars/pubs in the United States
- Pub Crawl New-York : 186 E 2nd St, New York, NY 10009, USA.
- Bank of Venice : 80 Windward Avenue, Venice, CA 90291, USA.
- Public Grocery Delix : 1100 6th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139-6312, USA.
- Fodo Irish Pub : 808 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001, USA.
- Olde Village Pub : 1211 NJ-35, Middletown, NJ 07748, USA.
- Christopher’s : 1920 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA.
- Matt’s Saloon : 112 S Montezuma St, Prescott, AZ 86303, USA.
- Turner's HIgh Moon Bar : 40618 NC-12, Avon, NC 27953, USA.
- Celtic Mist Pub : 117 S 7th St, Springfield, IL 62701, USA.
- Drink : 348 Congress St, Boston, MA 02210, USA.
Some restaurants in the United States
- Per se : 10 Columbus Cir, New York, NY 10019-1158, USA.
- Nepenthe : 48510 CA-1, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA.
- Capri Restaurant : 935 S Krome Ave, Florida City, FL 33034, USA.
- 1789 Restaurant : 1226 36th St NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA;
- Nicholas : 160 NJ-35, Red Bank, NJ 07701, USA
- Blue Heron Restaurant : 112 N Main St, Sunderland, MA 01375, USA
- Arizona Family Restaurant : 80 W Esperanza Blvd, Green Valley, AZ 85614, USA
Comparez et réservez les meilleures offres pour visiter Etats-Unis - ENG
Enrichissez vos séjours avec des activités exceptionnelles aux côtés de guides bienveillants avec :